Why I am a feminist
Because I was taught to yell, “fire”, instead of, “rape”, if I was ever sexually assaulted.
I have incorrectly been saying ‘burqa’ when I meant ‘niqab’ for maybe my whole life.
I was just wondering the other day what the differences were. Though I can’t help thinking it’s friggin’ magical how the hijabs stay put, especially on windy Colorado days.
ATTENTION PEOPLE WITH ONLINE FRIENDS AND/OR IN LDR’S
There’s this kick ass site called Synaptop. And it’s perrrrfect for a person like you! Wanna know why???
- It’s not something you download (NO DOWNLOAD DID U HEAR ME???) this is all on your browser so it doesn’t take up a shit ton of space
- You can stream music/use the music they’ve already provided there to listen to with your friend and or lover (ohhh la la)
- Video calling is a thing here
- You can leave video messages (how cute tho)
- THEY HAVE AN APP WHERE YOU CAN DRAW TOGETHER SO U CAN LIKE DRAW LITTLE PENISES ON THE SCREEN AND LAUGH ABOUT IT AND STUFF
- You can stream and or watch movies together with the FULL, FREE movies that they have, or you can upload your own.
- Plus you can share photos and presentations and yadda yadda
The site is here. I have date night with my boyfriend in PA here all the time and it’s amazing. Check it outttttt.
IM HAVING A HEART ATTACK DO YOU MEAN I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH MOVIES WITH MY FRIENDS ONLINE ?@$?#%?# IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE
This is cute, my boyfriend would never do it but it’s so cute ugh.
ANY OF MY FOLLOWERS DO THISS SO WE CAN TALK:Owhy-not-sabrielsince skype doesn’t seem to work for you do you think this might???
OH MY FUCKING GOD. THANK YOU
If you are an artist, when you get stuck, draw bigger and on tracing paper when you are stuck. Consider this manual photoshop. Use scissors, trace, refine.
If you are a writer, when you get stuck, get a pad of paper and at least two colors of pen that contrast. When you get stuck, use your “replace this with actual language later” color. Just write what you want to say. “Make angry hero cry as villain drinks amazing latte. Figure out words later.”
If you get stuck in life, clean up your area and think about how big, and how small, the universe is. Either direction is practically infinite, suspending you in the middle.
If you are fey, remember when you weren’t. It will build compassion when you deal with mortals.
If you are a potato, please advise us how you use the Internet. We have so many questions, sentient spud bud.
A graduate student has created the first man-made biological leaf. It absorbs water and carbon dioxide to produce oxygen just like a plant. He did this by suspending chloroplasts in a mixture made out of silk protein. He believed it can be used for many things but the most striking one is the thought that it could be used for long distance space travel. Plants do not grow in space, but this synthetic material can be used to produce oxygen in a hostile environment. (Video)
Rapier with Scabbard
- Dated: circa 1575-83
- Culture: European, made in Dresden, Germany
- Medium: engraved steel [blade]; blackened iron, pierced and engraved silver, wood, silver wire [hilt]; pierced and engraved silver, wood, leather [scabbard]
- Measurements: pommel: 2 1/2 × 2 13/16 inches (6.3 × 7.1 cm). Blade: 11/16 × 42 3/8 inches (1.8 × 107.6 cm). Width (quillons): 9 15/16 inches (25.2 cm). Depth: 5 13/16 inches (14.8 cm). Scabbard: 2 1/2 inches × 7/8 inches × 3 feet 2 1/2 inches, 8.1 ounces (6.4 × 2.3 × 97.8 cm, 230g)
The blade was made by the bladesmith Andrea Ferrara, Italian (active Belluno, between 1550 - 1583). The silver mounts of the rapier and the scabbard are probably by silversmith Wendel unter den Linden, German (active Dresden, between 1566 - 1593, died before 1610).