Actual five-year old Jefferson
Remember when Disney had a cute, disabled, poc mermaid?
When i was younger, one of my best friends was a deaf guyanese girl, and her fave princess was Ariel, mainly bc she related to her living without a voice (and her love of swimming)
When this episode aired, she cried and squawked and made sounds that were almost understandable… She saw herself as a mermaid, on tv, with her favourite character of all time
Representation matters, always, no matter what
okay it’s hella cool and they actually animated real ASL they didn’t just bullshit it oh mAN THIS IS LEGIT SIGN LANGUAGE AND IT’S ACTUALLY AWESOME A+++++++
A quickish drawing of Julian Bashir for cosmictuesdays.
Is he doing a hand gun omg
1. I was born in Dallas, Texas and 7+ years away I still identify as a Texan.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. I have never been outside of the United States.
4. I strive to be a good person, though I believe whole-heartedly that I would make a most excellently terrifying villain given enough resources.
5. My favorite classic novel is the Count of Monte-Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.
Jumanji taught us that the scariest thing in the African jungle is the white guy with a gun.
karl urban as: cupid
xena: warrior princess (2.16)
For anyone who has yet to watch Xena, may we present this?